Brigitta Baratinkait, head of the food production department of “Maximas”, mentioned in the press release, noted that shrimps are especially useful for people who do sports. They contain a lot of protein, help maintain muscle tone and improve blood vessel and heart function. In addition, shrimps are often called “beauty vitamins” – the substances contained in them fully support the healthy condition of the skin and hair.
“Gourmet-like shrimps contain a lot of omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, retinol, iron, selenium, manganese, folic acid and zinc. It is a real source of vitamins. After purchase, note that they should not be stored in the refrigerator for a long time, because this food product has the property of quickly spoiling. .they should not be eaten uncooked, and after thawing they should be cooked and tasted only later,” advises B. Baratinskaitė and shares a couple of recipes.
Spaghetti with shrimp
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil;
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice;
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin;
- 450 grams of shrimp;
- 340 grams of spaghetti;
- 4 tablespoons of butter;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika powder;
- 4 tablespoons of chicken broth;
- 4 tablespoons of white wine;
- 4 finely chopped coriander;
- Lemon wedges (for serving).
1. Combine olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl and add cumin. Then add the shrimp to this mixture, cover the bowl and leave everything to marinate in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
2. Boil the pasta and drain it. After doing this, heat a frying pan on medium flame – melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add the prawns. Cook until they turn red.
3. Then melt another 2 tablespoons of butter in a clean pan, add chopped garlic and sweet paprika – fry everything for about a minute. After that, pour chicken broth and white wine, heat the mixture a little.
4. Put the pasta, shrimp in the pan and fry everything a little more.
5. Serve pasta with shrimp garnished with lemon wedges.
Vida Press Photo/Spaghetti with Shrimp
- 400 grams of shrimp;
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- ground black pepper;
- 0.5 finely chopped red onion;
- 2 tablespoons of dill;
- 2 slices of toasted bread;
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise;
- 1 lemon;
- Mustard 1 tsp.
1. Place shrimp on a baking tray lined with baking paper, sprinkle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the tin in an oven preheated to 200°C and bake for about 5-7 minutes until they get a bright color.
2. Take a large bowl and mix mayonnaise and mustard in it. Squeeze the lemon juice into a bowl and cut its peel. Season this mixture with salt and pepper.
3. Add fried prawns, red onion, dill to a bowl and mix everything.
4. Serve the prawns with toasted bread.
Vida Press Photo/Sandwiches with shrimp