1. Metabolism. Liver glycogen stores may reach minimum levels during sleep. The first meal of the day is an important human function in supplying energy to the brain and maintaining a stable blood glucose concentration. Especially if you have a morning workout ahead of you!
Dr. Eduardas Grishinas, nutritionist
© Organizer’s photo.
2. Good start to regular diet. One missed meal can threaten to overeat later in the day. It is a fact observed by practice, but not by research, that the average person tends to skip breakfast and overeat in the evening or at lunch. Add even a small portion of a low-glycemic or high-protein breakfast and you’ll notice a noticeable change in how hungry you feel during the day.
3. Protects against gastrointestinal disorders. It is important to emphasize that food “supercompensation” during the day can threaten abdominal bloating, pain and general discomfort. It is not necessary to eat 6 times a day, but try to maintain regularity of at least 3 main meals.
4. Energy demand. Energy needs of people doing active sports can vary statistically and vary from 2000 to 5000 kcal per day. Later feeding begins later in the day, requiring larger portions. Eating a lot in one sitting – what’s better?! But if we try to get nutrients from foods that are good for the body, this can be a tough nut to crack.
5. Second course phenomenon. Taking into account the human circadian rhythm, eating breakfast reduces the risk of glucose fluctuations during the day, which is naturally associated with a lower risk of metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance.
Do not forget yourself in complete information – each point mentioned should be adapted individually for each person, about which the first meal of the day should be eaten at a certain hour.
The text was prepared by Eduardos Grishinas, a physician and dietitian at the Center for Innovative Dietology.
It is strictly prohibited to use information published by DELFI on other websites, media or elsewhere or to distribute our content in any form without consent and if consent is obtained, it is necessary to credit DELFI as the source.