Tips before you start:
- The batter for this pancake should be poured into a preheated baking dish, ideally a heavy, thick-bottomed one suitable for baking in the oven. Therefore, when you prepare the dough, do not preheat the oven, but put the container in which you will bake it. When the pan is already hot, throw in a good portion of the butter and heat it again until it melts and slowly browns, being careful not to burn it!
- Use good, fresh eggs for pancakes. The ingredients for the dish are few, so the quality of the eggs is important;
- Cut the apples into thin slices so that they have time to cook while baking the dough;
- It is convenient to whip pancake batter with a hand immersion blender (blender), but it works with a hand whisk;
- The better you beat the dough and the hotter the baking form, the more beautifully the pancake will puff up during baking;
- Eat the pancake right out of the oven, as with all pancakes, it’s best while still hot.
Ingredients (for 3-4 people):
- 5 large eggs;
- 6 tablespoons of flour;
- 100 ml of milk;
- A large pinch of salt;
- 1 tbsp. spoon of sugar;
- 1 large sweet and sour apple, cut into thin slices;
- 0.5 tea. spoon cinnamon;
- 3 tbsp. spoon of butter;
- Maple syrup (optional).
Vida Press Photo/Pancake with baked apples
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees. Put the pan or other baking form in which you will cook the pancake to heat the oven, a few minutes before pouring the dough into the already heated baking form, put the butter so that it has time to melt and heat up.
2. Beat the eggs in a bowl, pour the milk, add salt, sugar, flour and beat with an immersion blender or a hand whisk until a smooth mass without lumps, it should be thicker than the cast, but still flow easily.
3. Remove the hot dish from the oven, quickly pour the batter, evenly add the apple slices and sprinkle with cinnamon. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. – until the pancake is puffed and cooked.
4. Take the pancake out of the oven and cover it with small pieces of the remaining butter so that it melts, if you like it sweet, add maple syrup, you can taste it with fresh berries, say blueberries.