Asian vegetable salad
- 2 small-fruited cucumbers;
- 2 carrots;
- 1 paprika;
- 2 tea. spoon sesame;
- 1 tbsp. spoon of rice vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. spoon of lemon juice;
- 1 tea. spoon of agave syrup;
- 1 tbsp. spoon of oil;
- 1 tea. spoon sesame oil;
- salt, to taste;
- Black pepper, to taste.
- Chili powder or cayenne pepper, to taste (optional).
1. Cut carrots, cucumbers and peppers with a straw, cut onion leaves.
2. Salt the cucumbers, add 1/2 lemon juice and leave for 15 minutes. Squeeze the cucumber juice and put all the vegetables in a bowl.
3. Mix the ingredients for the sauce. If you like it spicy, add a pinch of cayenne or chili powder. Pour over the salad and mix.
4. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Blog photo. / Asian cucumber salad
Tempeh in Asian Marinade
- 1 block (250g) tempeh (if you don’t like tempeh tofu or seitan will work too);
- 1 lemon juice;
- 2 tbsp. spoon soy sauce;
- 2 tbsp. spoon sesame oil;
- 3 tbsp. spoon of maple syrup or molasses;
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped;
- 1 tbsp. spoon ginger root, peeled and chopped;
- 1 stalk lemongrass (white part only), finely chopped.
1. Cut the tempeh and place it in an oven safe container with a lid.
2. For the marinade, mix all remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk.
3. Pour the marinade over the tempeh, cover with a lid and put in the refrigerator to marinate for 2-8 hours.
4. After the marinating time, put the covered container with the tempeh in the oven heated to 180 degrees and bake for 20 minutes. After that, remove the lid, turn the tempeh a little, then cook for another 15-20 minutes.
5. You can serve with a fresh salad, Bolivian pigeon or other favorite cereal.
Blog photo. / tempeh in Asian marinade
The publication of these recipes is a part of the “Nori Gali” project of the non-profit organization “Gyvi gali”. The project inspires the discovery of filling and delicious plant-based foods. See new interesting recipes “in 15 minutes” every Monday! We thank the organization “Gyvi gali”, Sveikas Receptas and Challenge 22 for this week’s recipes.